Tuesday, November 3, 2009

TUESDAY-Dinner Au Nord Point




Just across the street from the giant grave yard of Pere Lachaise is Au Nord Point. It's were I was able to check off another great French dish! Escargot!


What were they like? Chewy, buttery, drenched in garlic and clarified butter and something green. I'm not sure what it was, but I think it might have been pureed fiddleheads (fern buds) judging from the grassy herbal note. They were a lot like clams actually, but maybe a little less savory. They were pretty good though, especially with some baguette and I'd order 'em again. Yummers!


Jeri got a gorgeous looking bowl of French onion soup with the requisit crouton and melted gruyere on the top. She was very kind and let me have several tastes. Dark, dark toasty onion flavor, sweet and salty, and just a tiny bit of fresh minced onion in it that gave a bright texture and veggie crunch to something that can be a little dull: warm wonderfulness on a cold rainy day. I can't imagine anyway it could be better.


I had a steak that was cooked too fast over too much heat, but I really liked that it came with this little pile of rock salt on the steak that I could distribute at will. Very nice frieze salad and the potatoes were a masterpiece. Simple mashed potatoes in a dish that was covered with guyere and tossed under a broiler. Magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment