Tuesday, November 3, 2009

TUESDAY-Marche St. Germain

For the first time on this trip, I was filled with deep emotion. Swept up into near mania and then pained to my heart. We visited the market, Marche St. Germain.











The selection of vegetables is gorgeous. The selection of butters, creams, and cheeses is breath-taking. The selections of beef, veal, liver, beef knuckles, dried hams, sausages, poultry, pates, ox tail, and other gorgeous cuts made me sigh.



The selections of fresh fish, mussels, periwinkles, sardines, great slabs of salmon, drifts of sole, the glutenous mass of a whole octopus, mounds of prawns, piles of calamari, grand chunks of tuna, and ... oysters... mountains of fresh oysters... made tears come to my eyes.




I was in rapture. All time stopped as I saw all and smelled all my culinary dreams come true. Behind me veggies, before me fish, to the right beef, to the left every baked good I could want freshly made that morning.


Then I remembered. I had no way to cook. *Cue overhead spiraling zoom shot as James looks up, center camera and screams 'NOOOOoOOOOOOO!!!!!!' *

So much before me and no way to truly partake. No soups, croutons, bouef dishes, or my beloved sole munier would be made by me today. *sigh*

Luckily I was able to assuage my grief with a shave. If you've not done this before guys, I highly recommend. A straight razor shave by someone who really knows what they're doing. Sure your face feels like it's being ripped off torwards the end, but it's a very, very relaxing ripping. If I could, I'd get a shave like this every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment